Product qualification for local audio streaming has become more critical than ever
Under ideal conditions, the streaming process has no effect on the music or voice listening experience, which is governed by the codec used, the quality of the transducers and their enclosures, and the expectation of the user. Under non-ideal conditions however, the streaming process can give rise to breaks in the decoded audio delivered to and by the loudspeaker or headphones.
Who can say he never ever got any poor conversational experience during a mobile phone call to a friend using a badly designed bluetooth audio car system? If you had just purchased the very latest generation but also the very expensive high definition audio loudspeakers, what would you thing if you were to hear music breaks or distortions when streaming from your favorite tablet or smartphone device ?
Potential causes of non-ideal performance include:
- Unsuitable pairing combinations
- Radio-frequency interference - e.g. Wi-Fi interference to Bluetooth
- Multi-path signal fading due to radio signal reflections
- Equipment used close to the limit of its range
Learn how to perform torough product qualification and testing for audio streaming performance via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, using our Audio Streaming Integrity (ASI) feature.
You can get our "Quick Setup" kit to get your MultiDSLA system configured in a few seconds:
- Download our Reference Test Tone (Sample 12-hour mp3 test tone) - beware it's a 225MB file !
- Download our MultiDSLA Express Setup package (built-in and ready to use scenario)
To learn more on MultiDSLA, please contact us. We will be happy to answer your questions.